We care about your personal data
Allianz appreciates your visit to this website ("Allianz Website"). Your privacy is important to us and we want you to feel comfortable visiting our site. This privacy notice explains how and what type of personal will be collected, processed and used during and following your visits to the Allianz Website, why it is collected, with whom it is shared and your rights in this regards. Please read this notice carefully.
This privacy notice applies to any information obtained by Allianz through your use of the Allianz Website. It does not apply to any websites controlled by third parties not affiliated with Allianz that the Allianz Website may link to ("Third Party Sites"). Please review the privacy statements of Third Party Sites as Allianz is not responsible for and has no influence on the content or the privacy practices of Third Party Sites.
This privacy notice may be updated from time to time, please do check it on a regular basis.
1. Who is the data controller?
A data controller is the individual or legal person who controls and is responsible to keep and use personal data in paper or electronic files. Allianz SE is the data controller as defined by relevant data protection laws and regulations.
2. What personal data will be collected?
When you visit the Allianz Website, our web server automatically records details about your visit including:
- IP address;
- the website from which you visited us;
- the type of browser software used;
- the Allianz Website pages that you visit; and
- the date and duration of your visit to the Allianz Website
3. How will we use your personal data?
Allianz will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- technical administration, research and development of the Allianz Website;
- to conduct research and analysis with regard to our business relations;
We will inform you where we require your consent to process your personal data. Otherwise, we will process your personal data to meet our legitimate business interests (including maintaining contact with clients, providing updates and information about Allianz, organizing and hosting events, and conducting market research and analysis) or where it is needed to comply with a legal obligation.
Allianz respects applicable laws and regulations in its use of personal data.
4. Are cookies used on the Allianz Website?
Tracking technology helps us manage and improve the usability of the Allianz Website, for example by detecting whether there has been any contact between your computer and us in the past and to identify the most popular sections of the Allianz Website.
Based on a more detailed description on the usage of cookies our Cookies Management Tool helps you to manage your cookies preferences including providing consent. The link to the respective Cookies Management Tool you find below. You can withdraw your consent to the usage of certain cookies any time using the before mentioned tool.
When you save your cookie settings, they should also apply to your future visits to the Allianz Website. However, for technical reasons beyond the control of Allianz, this cannot be guaranteed. For example, if you reset your browser, delete your cookies or access the Allianz Website from another browser or device, your cookie settings may be lost. To comply with applicable laws and regulations, in some countries you may be asked to confirm your cookie settings when you first visit the Allianz Website. If you are in a country where you are automatically required to set your cookie settings, you may be asked to set them again on a future visit.
In many cases you can also control tracking technologies using your browser. Please ensure that your browser setting reflects whether you wish to be warned about and/or accept tracking technologies (such as cookies) where possible. The specific capabilities of your browser and instructions on how to use them can usually be found in the manual or help file of your browser.
Without tracking technologies the availability of the services provided by the Allianz Website may be reduced, or parts of the Allianz Website may no longer function correctly.
To manage your cookie settings and to deactivate cookies, please click on the button in the left lower bottom corner of your screen.
5. Who will have access to personal data collected through the Allianz Website?
We will ensure that your personal data is processed in a manner that is compatible with the purposes specified above. For the specified purposes, your personal data may be disclosed only to authorized agents and service providers who operate as data processors under our instruction.
6. Where will collected personal data be processed?
Your personal data may be processed both inside and outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) by the parties specified above, subject always to contractual restrictions regarding confidentiality and security in line with applicable data protection laws and regulations. We will not disclose your personal data to parties who are not authorized to process them.
Whenever we transfer your personal data for processing outside of the EEA by another Allianz Group company, we will do so on the basis of the binding corporate rules (BCRs) of Allianz known as the Allianz Privacy Standard (APS) which establish adequate protection for personal data and are legally binding on Allianz Group companies. The public version of the APS and the list of Allianz Group companies that comply with them can be accessed here.
Where the Allianz Privacy Standard does not apply, we will instead take steps to ensure that the transfer of your personal data outside of the EEA receives an adequate level of protection as it does in the EEA. You can find out what safeguards we rely upon for such transfers (for example, Standard Contractual Clauses) by contacting us as detailed below.
7. What are your rights in respect of your personal data?
Where permitted by applicable law or regulation, you have the right to:
- Access your personal data held about you and to learn the origin of the data, the purposes and means of the processing, the details of the data controller(s), the data processor(s) and the parties to whom the data may be disclosed;
- Withdraw your consent at any time where your personal data is processed with your consent;
- Update and correct your personal data so that it is accurate;
- Delete your personal data from our records if it is no longer needed for the purposes indicated above;
- Restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, e.g. where you have contested the accuracy of your personal data, for the period enabling us to verify its accuracy;
- Obtain your personal data in an electronic format;
- File a complaint with us and/or the relevant data protection authority; and
- object to us processing your personal data, or tell us to stop processing it (including for purposes of direct marketing).
8. What security measures have we implemented to protect your information collected through the Allianz Website?
Allianz has implemented reasonable technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data collected by Allianz via the Allianz Website against unauthorized access, misuse, loss or destruction.
9. What should you consider when sending data over the Internet?
The Internet is generally not regarded as a secure environment, and information sent via the Internet (such as to or from the Allianz Website or via electronic message) may be accessed by unauthorized third parties, potentially leading to disclosures, changes in content or technical failures. Even if both sender and receiver are located in the same country, information sent via the Internet may be transmitted across international borders and be forwarded to a country with a lower data protection level than in your country of residence.
Allianz does not accept responsibility or liability for the security of your information whilst in transit over the Internet to Allianz. In order to protect your privacy you may choose another means of communication with Allianz, where you deem it appropriate.
10. How long is personal data retained for?
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary and we will hold it only for the purposes for which it was obtained.
11. How can you contact us?
If you have any queries about how we use your personal data, you can contact us by post or email via the details specified below:
Group Data Protection Officer
12. How often is this notice updated?
We regularly review this privacy notice. We will ensure the most up to date version is published here. This privacy notice was last updated on September 24, 2021.